Panels in fedora 15
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panels in fedora 15

Hello,

I was able to get rid of the applications thingy and get the toolbar back in fedora 15 by setting the "experience" to "fallback".

Now I am still missing the launchers in the top panel. I tried to right-click there but nothing happens. Hoe can I get the launchers to have a one click access to my preferred applications?

Tieum

tox Guest

Re: Panels in fedora 15

Quote Originally Posted by Tieum
    Hello,

I was able to get rid of the applications thingy and get the toolbar back in fedora 15 by setting the "experience" to "fallback".

Now I am still missing the launchers in the top panel. I tried to right-click there but nothing happens. Hoe can I get the launchers to have a one click access to my preferred applications?

Tieum
    you cannot get Gnome2 Back, Aplication | places | system . the fallback Mode is just a Trimmed down Gnome2. kinda like Gnome2.0 when it was released. when you oinly had Applications Button

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have pretty much everything I want : applications menu, places menu, task bar. The only missing thing is a way to start the applications I use often in "one click". It was possible when I installed fedora 15 beta but now that I updated to the latest packages it is gone. Is there REALLY no way to get it back? I have been using this for years in Linux and Windows too. I just cannot believe it not possible to get it anymore.

So I should switch to KDE to have a normal environment?
    Last edited by Tieum; 20th April 2011 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gnome 3 fallback mode will allow edits to the panel. Just press the [ALT] key when you right click and you can add things to it.

John the train is offline Techno-Womble - Retired Community Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    The Gnome 3 fallback mode will allow edits to the panel. Just press the [ALT] key when you right click and you can add things to it.
    Doesn't work for me Dan, I had to do a re-install after being clever and installing Gnome-panel 3.0.0 - lost the applications menu. I've run yum update and rebooted. I'm also still stuck with basic video, which wouldn't be too bad if I could add app. launchers as per ' old ' Gnome 2.
    To get the right answer, one must first ask the right question!
    Desktop F20 ( 64 bit )
    Laptop F20 ( 32 bit )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ALT trick worked. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The <alt> rightt-click trick worked for adding short-cuts to the panel, but I still lack the convenience of being able to open a terminal on the desktop with a right-click, despite having installed "nautilus-open-terminal." I'm running Fedora 15 beta, 64bit, inside of VMWare workstation in a university computer lab situation. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cafetono
    The <alt> rightt-click trick worked for adding short-cuts to the panel, but I still lack the convenience of being able to open a terminal on the desktop with a right-click, despite having installed "nautilus-open-terminal." I'm running Fedora 15 beta, 64bit, inside of VMWare workstation in a university computer lab situation. Any suggestions?
    install gnome-tweak-tool and using that software allow icons on the desktop and disable drawing wallpaper. for some reason, icon is not shown in the right click menu, though an option works fine.
    megaloman.org