I have my instructions in installing my Aircard 775. it is as follows:
extract the files in the AirCard_7XX_Linux.tar.gz by executing :
The AirCard_7XX_Linux.tar contains:
SW_7xx_SER.dat, ac750, ac750chat, SW_775_SER.dat, ac775, ac775chat files
How to Configure Linux to Recognize AirCard 775
Before you start, make sure that the AirCard is not inserted into the PCMCIA slot.
The following instructions will configure the AirCard as a serial-only device on Linux:
1. Add the following to /etc/pcmcia/config under the Modems and other serial devices:
card "Sierra Wireless AC775 EDGE Network Adapter R1"
manfid 0x0192, 0x0710
2. Copy the file SW_775_SER.dat in this archive in /etc/pcmcia/cis/
3. Restart computer.
4. Insert the AirCard 775
When the card is inserted two high beeps should be heard, indicating that the AirCard has been recognized and the serial driver has been successfully loaded. The AirCard can be accessed as /dev/modem when inserted. Running minicom should allow access to the AT command interface.
How to Configure Dialup Networking
A valid SIM card, user name, password, and APN are required to configure dialup networking.
1. Copy the files ac775 and ac775chat into /etc/ppp/peers.
2. Edit the existing file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets to add the following line:
"< login>""< login>" "" "*"
Replace < login> with the user name and < password> with the account password.
(e.g. "sierra" "sierra" "mypasswd" "*")
3. Edit the file /etc/ppp/peers/ac775 to replace < login> in the line
"user < login>"with the same < login> name as the previous instruction. (e.g. user sierra)
4. Edit the file /etc/ppp/peers/ac775 so that the second line is:
OK AT+cgdcont= 1,"IP","< APN>"
The < APN> should be replaced with the APN for the network.
(e.g. for Rogers network OK AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.com")
How to Connect to the GPRS Network
Before you start, make sure the LED on the AirCard is flashing green. If there is a problem connecting (dialed too soon after inserting card or other problem) eject and re-insert the card.
1. Connect using PPPD
pppd call ac775
Some pppd version may not correctly set up the dynamic DNS configuration. It may be necessary to copy /etc/ppp/resolv.conf to /etc/resolv.conf.
In order to terminate the connection send pppd the tem signal (Ctrl-C).
2. Connect using KPPP
It is also possible to connect using a dialer (e.g. Kppp in KDE).
1. Run KPPP configuration and click on New
2. Click on Dialog Setup and type in the name of connection.
3. Type *99# for phone number and select PAP for authentication.
4. Select Modem tab and for initialization string type in:
at+cgdcont= 1,"IP","< APN>"
where < APN> is the network APN and click on OK
5. Type in Login ID and Password
Where Login ID and Password are user name and password from your account.
6. Click on Connect.
I did all the procedures above, however, when i insert the aircard, i don't think it is recognized as /dev/modem. I cannot determine which one is it if it isn't /dev/modem..
Anyone please help me... please please....