I am running FC6 on a machine with 3 hard disks and I am intending to replace hda with a larger device and want to check that I am doing it the right way.
LVM is installed as follows:
hda2 VG00 split into LV00 which is / and LV01 is swap
hdb + hdd1 VG01 set up as LV02 and mounted as /usr/data
I think this is all pretty standard. All 4 IDE drive slots are in use (3 x hd + 1 cd/dvd).
From what I read in the LVM how-to, this forum etc, I propose to:
1) unmount /usr/data
2) power off, disconnect the cables to hdb and hdd, connect new drive as hdb, then power on
3) dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb
4) fdisk /dev/hdb to create a new partition in the remaining space
5) power off, replace old hda with new one, reconnect hdb and hdd, power on
6) mount /usr/data and the new partition
Is this going to work ? TIA