Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 4th July 2007, 02:36 PM
Duli Offline

How-to Print Server TE100-P1U + Fedora + CUPS

Since I´ve lost a few hours discovering how to configure my Trendnet TE100-P1U in CUPS, I think it´s good idea to post this how-to, in order to collaborate.

First, make sure cups service is up and running.

Then, open your browser and type "localhost:631", to open the CUPS administration page.

Click in "Add printer" and follow the instructions.

The trick part is to get the printer address right.

Choose for device "AppSocket/HP JetDirect" and as address:

Code:
socket://printerIP:9100
(PS: printerIP should be your printer address, as in 192.168.102)

Then select the apropriate driver for your model (do not try to use generic drivers that´s not for your specifc printer)

Now it should work!

cheers

Duli
Old 19th July 2007, 10:51 PM
tdmyth Offline

Thanks! It works.

I had run into difficulty setting up the TrendNet printserver in CUPS. I somehow got it working for my laser printer (TE100-P1P); however, I couldn't get it to work with my inkjet (TE100-P1U). The difference, I think, was the method that I used to set up the laserjet last year (though it worked, I could not remember how I did it). I must not have used the CUPS web interface because it looked unfamiliar to me. Anyway, your post helped me get the inkjet working too! Thanks again.

P.S. I had to add users to the list of who is allowed to print; before that, I got a message that said

Code:
Error:  
           Quota limit reached
Old 19th July 2007, 11:08 PM
Duli Offline

Glad you could sort it out!!!

Tags
cups, fedora, howto, print, server, te100p1u