* Toshiba Satellite M35-S456 laptop
* F8 stock install from DVD
* NVidia GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M card
- stock install installs "nv" driver
To try to get configuration options to be able to adjust lcd brightness on my laptop, I installed kmod-nvidia from livna, and now my laptop f8 boot hangs on "Starting udev". From googling, I've tried
* disabling selinux - didn't work
* rescue mode - tried putting the old "nv" /etc/X11/xorg.conf back in place - didn't work
I'm now stuck - can't boot into f8 at all - always hangs at "Starting udev".
Any help is appreciated.