I have a new ThinkPad T500 with (as per the lspci output):
- VGA Compatible Controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
- VGA Compatible Controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3650
During original installation, X wasn't properly configured, I'm not getting X at all, so I have to go manually about it.
: Installing Fedora 10 on machine with old Intel video chipset
it's recommended to use
in order to generate xorg.conf
In other posts, I found
being mentioned for the same purpose.
Any difference between them?
BTW, my xorg.conf, generated with system-config-display, looks awfully inadequate:
- it doesn't show the mouse section
- it doesn't show the monitor section
- it doesn't show anything about the ATI Radeon