Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th November 2011, 06:07 AM
buddhistpalm Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Fedora 14 install hangs at loading Ananconda 14.22 on ASUS U56

Hi everyone,

I'm a semi-newb when it comes to linux, but I've tried tons of distros and the only one I truly love is Fedora, specifically Fedora 14. (Not at all pleased with Gnome 3 and F15/16.) I've had F14 installed on a Macbook 6,1, and an older HP laptop. After the Macbook came to an unfortunate(?) end, I bought an ASUS U56-bbl6 laptop with Intel i5-2430M cpu, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMax 6150.

I can install F15 & F16 without a hitch, but F14 installation hangs after detecting hardware and 'Running Anaconda 14.22". The optical drive keeps spinning, but the screen goes blank black, but not off.

Live CDs bring up the Fedora logo boot screen and indicate that it is fully loaded, but the screen goes blank when it should bring up the desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tags
1422, ananconda, asus, fedora, hangs, install, loading, sandy bridge, u56

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On