I get no sound. Please help. I need your ideas to point me in a useful direction. I'm not making any progress with this.
When running the GUI, system-config-soundcard, it shows the soundcard and driver, but it produces no test-sound, and I get this error message:
- amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Master',0
- amixer: Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0
I have an Audigy LS sound card, on FC2, with alsa-1-0.8 and driver ca0106. (Driver emu10k1 wouldn't load!)
- How can I create these missing controls ?????
- Which software or tools can be used to help me debug this situation ?????
- Or, what should I learn about, to better help me understand this issue ?????
Hope you can help. I look forward to ANY and ALL ideas.