I am having problems setting up my printer to work with fedora core 4 under kde 3.4.
I tried using the following steps:
1. clicked on control center>peripherals>printers>add>add printer class>next>local printer>
2. found my attached printer using a usb cable under the usb treenode as HP DeskJet 940c selected it and went to the next screen
3. i then manually selected the drivers for my printer
4. selected the recommended driver selection
5. then when i try clicking the test button, it brings up an authorization dialog box? So i try typing my login username and passwork, which it didn't like, i then tried typing in my login username and root password, it didn't like that either? i tried leaving the username blank and typed in the root password. it didn't like that either.
So my question is, what username and password is it looking for?