Thank you for trying to help me sort this out. I really appreciate it
I'm still very much a noob with linux, so I could be thinking I have what I need when I dont...
I have checked for the requirements. My results are: (using locate to find most of them - this could be the wrong way to go about finding them)
* python -V : returns Python 2.4.1
* I can't get a version with pygtk, but 'locate pygtk' shows the folders...for example /usr/share/2.0
* locate libgtop returns things like /usr/lib/libgtop-2.0.so.5
* locate librsvg returns a load of dirs and the following looks interesting:
* locate gconf returns a hell of a lot!
and locate gnome-python returns a load of folders.