PDA

View Full Version : Stop FC6 from installing with multipath

Andy.
8th January 2007, 09:55 AM
Hello everyone.

I have had FC on my trusty server since I first came across linux with FC3. Each time a new release came out I performed an internet upgrade without hassle.

I have recently swapped some HDDs out of my desktop and decided to upgrade my server and do a full re-install. This is where I am now - first I will describe my setup.

HP Vectra VL400
PIII 1GHz
512MB SDRAM
Geforce 4 MX440 64MB
IDE0 WD1200JB
Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller (PCI)
SCSI0 Atlas 10k3 36GB
SCSI1 Atlas 10k3 36GB

The installer presents the 120GB IDE drive ok, but represents the SCSI drives as a single ~34GB drive labelled as mapper/mpath0

I wanted to install /boot to a 100MB part on the 120GB, with / and /swap installed to a linux RAID1 on the pair of SCSI drives. The remainder of the 120GB would be mounted as /storage.

Is there any way of preventing the installer from what looks like multipathing my two SCSI drives, and present them as they should be.. /dev/sda and /dev/sdb?

I have tried adding 'linux askmethod nodmraid' at the command line but no change. (askmethod as I have the images on a USB HDD).

Cheers

Andy

Andy.
9th January 2007, 10:15 AM
Anyone? Is there somewhere more appropriate to ask this question?

Andy.
9th January 2007, 12:55 PM
OK I have installed solely to the IDE drive and have the server up. Does anyone happen to know how to disable multipath support once running? If I can diasble it I will then partition as I want them and transfer / and /swap over.