Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th August 2016, 02:38 PM
JONOR Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Flatpak as a bug workaround

Discovered something interesting about installing LibreOffice Flatpak, it can be used to workaround bugs.
I've got a bug where palette is locked to default and having tried asking for help on the likes of
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/ decided to try Flatpak, also partly out of curiosity.
Via Flatpak the bug has gone, can continue to use my custom palette.

Last edited by JONOR; 5th September 2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 29th August 2016, 04:25 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Re: Flatpak as a bug workaround

not surprised at all, I've been removing Fedora's version of LibreOffice and running the upstream TDF builds to stay 'fresh' since I first started using Fedora and never experienced any problems.

Fedora's build on the other that I tried during the Alpha and Beta stages of F24 was a bit buggy with regards toolbar and menu rendering. I did try reporting it but I don't recall anything coming of it.
Old 29th August 2016, 05:57 PM
robertdaleweir Online

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
not surprised at all, I've been removing Fedora's version of LibreOffice and running the upstream TDF builds to stay 'fresh' since I first started using Fedora and never experienced any problems.

Fedora's build on the other that I tried during the Alpha and Beta stages of F24 was a bit buggy with regards toolbar and menu rendering. I did try reporting it but I don't recall anything coming of it.
Hi antikythera

What do you mean by "and running the upstream TDF builds" . How does one get the "TDF build"?
MoBo Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AMD760G AM3+ MicroATX
Memory 8 Gigs Gskill Ripjaw DDR3-1333 PC-10666
Old 29th August 2016, 06:53 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

one downloads the rpms from the libreoffice fresh downloads page. I prefer to use the torrent and then seed it to other peers from my computer when I'm finished downloading them via Transmission.

simple process really. I prepared a guide about it many moons ago
Old 29th August 2016, 08:30 PM
JONOR Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Just followed your guide antikythera for installing TDF builds which went successfully and has some obvious benefits over Flatpak such as quicker file and config integration.
Should say for the present 5.2.0.4 is significantly more unresponsive in Writer and slightly more unresponsive in Calc spreadsheets than 5.1.5.2.
Have decided to go back to 5.1.5.2 and wait until a higher fresh TDF download is available and maybe try that.
My original plan was to find a guide like antikytheras but Flatpak came up in the search engine result first and piqued interest.
Also, another partial workaround to aforementioned bug is remove the standard.soc from ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config of LO 5.1.5.2 and replace with customized standard.soc.

Last edited by JONOR; 7th September 2016 at 09:07 PM. Reason: more detail / grammar

Tags
bug , flatpak , workaround