<---- template headericclude ----->
New Fedora Logo
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

View Poll Results: How do you like new Fedora logo candidate?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!

14 8.24%
  • Pretty good

28 16.47%
  • Could take it or leave it

32 18.82%
  • Not so good

60 35.29%
  • Terrible

36 21.18%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    jspaar Guest

New Fedora Logo

Fedora's getting a new logo -- according to the Fedora Marketing minutes in the latest Weekly News.
    You can see the first draft here

Opinions?

[Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the logo or the marketing committee. I'm just a Fedora user.]
    Last edited by jspaar; 19th September 2005 at 08:22 PM. Reason: add disclaimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the shape. Infinity (or the number 8 = Fate, Business, and more personal (death and dieing of it and others, other peoples money). i.e Changes.
    The young person's ego humbled on the edge of life's abyiss, total commitment is required if you jump or you will be climbing out with nothing, near death and must start over at 1. ( A little numerolgy lession.)

Inside a drop of water or a womb. Life a new.

Maybe a roltaable and color swaping Live Logo.

SJ
    Do the Math

ghenry Guest
    You can read the whole story here (all links are pictures):

http://www.capstrat.com/development/fedora/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we all drift in the same river.

SJ
    Do the Math

Vito_Corleone Guest
    Terrible, definitely not a fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...

Perhaps it will grow on me. Right now, it pretty much leaves me cold.

Mark
    3.2GHz HT P4, 3Gb RAM, 620Gb HD space, FC5, Gnome
    "To know that one doesn't know is best." - Lao Tzu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Can you direct your comments to the Fedora marketing list. We have designers there looking for feedback. Good or bad with some constructive criticisms would be nice to have and take some time for the look and feel to wear to immerse into you ;-)

Rahul
    Red Hat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like it much to be honest. Maybe I could get used to it with time.
    IMHO GNOME FTW! BTW KDE WAD? FWIW. HTH. AFAIK YMMV. OMG WTF BBQ! :rolleyes:

Do you like surfing forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and acronyms?
    Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
    It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com

jspaar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghenry
    You can read the whole story here (all links are pictures):

http://www.capstrat.com/development/fedora/
    Yeah this is worth a look, because they explain where they're coming from with the design.
    If you read it the new logo will make more sense.

For one thing, Red Hat requires Fedora to get rid of the hat symbol, to protect their own official logo (and probably to strike a different balance between community-support and Red Hat control in Fedora's image).

Other considerations most of us would never think of -- they need the logo to be extensible in a standard for sub-projects, like in this example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, for a better clarification, the poll should be about Fedora logo first draft.
    Desktop CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Memory: 64GB DDR4-RAM - GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Pure Radeon RX 6950XT 16GB Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 GB NVMe, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe and NAS WD 7200 RPM 4TB for backup - OS: Fedora 38 Design Suite x86-64 and Windows 11 64-bit
    Laptop Dell Inspiron 14 7425 2-in-1 - APU: AMD Ryzen 7 5825U - Memory: 32GB DDR4-RAM - Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe - OS: Fedora 38 Design Suite x86-64

BiPolar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram
    Hi

Can you direct your comments to the Fedora marketing list. We have designers there looking for feedback. Good or bad with some constructive criticisms would be nice to have and take some time for the look and feel to wear to immerse into you ;-)

Rahul
    Red Hat
    True, but one shouldn't have to read a marketing statement to 'get' a logo. That goes beyond the whole idea of branding. The logo should be liked when seen, not like when fully understood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram
    I couldn't find any feedback links, so here is my 2c. The 'attractiveness' component is lacking. Maybe more rounded, more attractive colors, etc. It looks too much like broken links. I like the symbolism that was put in it. Just make it more attractive, otherwise the symbolism doesn't shine.

Jman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuso
    I couldn't find any feedback links, so here is my 2c.
    As Rahul said, fedora-marketing mailing list.

My first thought was "Macromedia Flash". Not necessarily negative or positive but that's what I thought.

mattypoppins Guest
    I prefer the Blue Fedora hat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiPolar
    True, but one shouldn't have to read a marketing statement to 'get' a logo. That goes beyond the whole idea of branding. The logo should be liked when seen, not like when fully understood.
    My feelings as well. Propietary vendors have sunk millions into researching and achieving that very thing. Doesn't mean you can't have both meaning and panache, it's just kind of hard to strike that balance. And as "they" say, you can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please most of the people some of the time. Or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman
    My first thought was "Macromedia Flash". Not necessarily negative or positive but that's what I thought.
    Same here. My first thought was "Where have I seen that logo before?", and then a few seconds later it hit me.....

And finally, as lukewarm as I am about the current proposals, have you seen some of the other ideas put forward? Yikes!
    Last edited by mach_zero; 20th September 2005 at 03:08 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast